Thursday, September 20, 2007

Can I Go Now?

[insert arm shooting straight up into the air]
The Universal Representative: Yes, Ima.
Ima: Ummm...can I go now?
TUR: Well, I don't know. Let's see....(she checks her clipboard). Are you over Stephen?
Ima: Nope.
TUR: Duuude. It's been like three mo--
Ima: I know. I know. I am a big fat fool. Woohoo. I get it. Anyway, is that a prerequisite to being granted departure rights?
TUR: No, not really. In fact, a change of scenery would be good for you.
Ima: So? Can I go?
TUR: (checks clipboard again). Well, do you have a job?
Ima: No.
TUR: (scribbles on the clipboard).
Ima: Look, I thought getting healthy was my job.
TUR: Fair enough. But did you? Did you get healthy?
Ima: Well, I talked with the nurse just fifteen minutes ago and she said that my final lab results show that I am absolutely and completely NORMAL - uterinely speaking, of course.
TUR: So, you have a clean bill of health then?
Ima: (Beaming.) Yes, yes I do.
TUR: Happy to hear it. And now, about your mental health...
Ima: That's an ongoing project, I am afraid.
TUR: Well, nothing to be afraid of. I have faith in you. But really, you have got to let go of Cap'n Britain once and for all.
Ima: I know. I know. It's just that, well, I wanted to marry him - and that's deep!! That takes time, sister! I am talking really deep - like middle of the ocean deep. Like the opposite of ---
TUR: Okay, I get it. It's deep and you need more time. (She writes Ghod know's what - no, Ghod really does know what.)
Ima: So? Can I blow this cow town?
TUR: Oh, yeah, definitely! (Smile - Salute.) Bon Voyage!
Ima: Rock on, Rep. of the Uni.!!
TUR: (wink) Take it easy...and if it's nice take it twice! Ha ha.
Ima: Okay, yeah, that's enough now.
TUR: Yeah, you're right. Talk to you later then.
Ima: Okay, talk to you later... tonight, probably.
TUR: Yeah, alright. See you tonight then.
Ima: Okay. Later.
TUR: Later
[insert vision of Ima skipping away]

3 comments:

Gramps said...

KBob: Congratulations on your clean bill of (uterine) health!

Mich: Thank you, you are so kind!

KBob: So now what...?

Mich: Beats me. I have to ask my psychic.

Kbob: Make up your own damn mind, fercrynoutloud.

Mich: It's none of your business anyway.

Kbob: I know. Stay away from TESOL and men for 30 days. If you feel better after that, go for 60.

Mich: It's still none of your business.

Kbob: It's only because I care.

Mich: Beat it! Wait, come back...

Ima Shell said...

Oh KBob, you're tres cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If he will be possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).