Friday, September 21, 2007

SYR-NYC Commuter Flights Daily!

Are you holding anything in your hand? Could it put it down please? Okay, could you step back a little? Okay, fine. I just wanted to say that after everything I just wrote about TESOL, a job was posted TODAY at the last minute for a job in TESOL at Syracuse University. I applied. Look, I feel sick to my stomach, too. But, I have to be practical, don't I? I don't have a job. I don't have a home. I have family there. Okay, that might not be so good, but they are pretty understanding people. They know that I am not into hanging out and having sleepover parties. I can actually get out and perform some songs and get some recording done up there, too. Plus, there are lakes. In fact, my mother and brother both live on a lake up there. I could, well, would, live on a lake, too. I would try to find a different one, but...More importantly, there are commuter flights to NYC that leave several times a day and we all know that it is very, very, cherry berry important to me as I want to, need to, have to spend more time with the amazing souls that inhabit that part of the world. Oh, is that you, too? Well, aren't you special. Look, no one's offering me a job yet, but if they do...well, I will just might have to say yes and hope that I get some rocking colleagues to work with. It's possible, people. It's possible. I will say this, too - if I do get offered that job, then it was meant to be. If not, then all is well. In either case, I think I need some intense hypnosis to discover why I am so nauseous at the thought of living in Upstate NY. It would be nice to get to the core of it and then get rid of it so that I am not always in such a hurry to run off and get myself into trouble. Oh, ghod, I am rationalizing aren't I? Look what fear can do to a perfectly healthy (I am now, aren't I?) adult female!!! Just look at it...and weep.

Well, look on the bright side, I could continue to date that 70-year-old dude I met at Barnes and Noble.

Ima O. Leo

No comments: