Monday, August 6, 2007

Indulging and Donating

Well, today was about indulging myself. "Why?" Because I can and you can't stop me.

What did I do, you ask? Well, I got a manicure and pedicure as well as a full-body massage, AND I went to see The Bourne Ultimatum and ate TWO, count 'em TWO, Reece's Peanut Butter Cups! Oh yeah, I really went all out today, folks!!

Let me start by saying that today was only the second time I had paid a man to give me a massage. I was hesitant because the only other time I did that, I ended up dating the guy and I never got any more massages! It was a scam!! Much like that Seinfeld episode.

This time, however, I wanted it to be different. Special. So, I showered, shaved, got my mani and pedi and made sure my underwear didn't have holes in them. I wanted to do this right. And folks, let me tell you, it was right. Oh, was it right. After an hour of being touched in all the right places in just the right way...all I can say is, "I sure hope I'm not pregnant!"

And my date with Matt was just as I had dreamed it would be -a wild ride from start to finish. It was yummy and dark! All that vicarious violence, for the first time in my life, pleasured me. It was sinfully delicious. I don't know what it is about him, but I just want to shave him from head to toe and lick him all over. Is that wrong?

What I loved most about today, however, was when I got my manicure and pedicure. I returned to the place I used to frequent when I worked here a couple of years back. The same Vietnamese woman was working there. We got to talking and I learned that she returns to Saigon every October and stays for one month. You might think she goes back to visit family. But does she? No. She has no family there now. You might guess that she goes for vacation. But you'd be wrong again. I mean, come on, who in their right mind would vacation for one month in Ho Chi Minh City? What this woman does, though, is she saves all her tip money and then takes it to Vietnam and gives it to the less fortunate - the orphans, the blind, and the sick rural folk that can't get medical care. She does this all on her own. She isn't part of any organization. She is just...awesome. I was inspired. Yeah, I donate every year a little of this and that and I write letters to help get people out of prison in foreign countries, but this woman really goes out of her way. I do most of my charity work from home. She flies half way across the world to do it in person because that's the only way she can get the money to these people. Let's face it, this woman truly rocks! And she does damn good nails, too!

So, if you are in the Finger Lakes Region and want to get your nails done, please go to the Mall and see Nancy and give her a big tip (yeah, yeah, I already told her about not eating yellow snow).

Let us be thankful today that not EVERY man wears that hideous cologne that screams, "I'm gay and pretending to be heterosexual!" Stop living the lie, dude,'cuz you're making me gag! (As if I don't have enough to deal with right now. Hello??)

Hanging in there and sometimes out there,

Ima P. Brayne

No comments: