Friday, August 10, 2007

Psychic Pain Leads to Psychic Gain

Okay, so, I am like desperate to feel better. I admit it. I was suffering for so long in Korea. I never felt more alone and more diseased in my life! Having lost myself, my sanity, and my pride, I was really looking forward to a fast recovery. I know, I know…it doesn’t work that way. I get, according to my friend Bill, three months of pain – the healing time! Why does it hurt when you get your heart and your soul ripped in two and then hurt again while you mend them? That doesn’t seem fair?!! Oh, I see, THAT’S why people drink and do drugs and have sex when they are hurting. I get it now!! But doesn’t that just prolong the healing time? I believe so. I think that, for people who love deeply and can emote easily (raise your hands), you have to strike a balance between expressing those feelings fully -screaming, crying, swearing, creating a blog - and distracting yourself in positive and fun ways – hiking, biking, hanging with friends, and talking to a world-renowned psychic.

Yep, you heard me. I went to the psychic that psychic’s go to. Oh, I won’t divulge her name. Oh no. It’s between me and… some other people that I told about it. Now, although I indulged, I am still highly skeptical and, believe it or not, a rather critical thinker. At least I WAS skeptical. Even my family members – and they are SUPER skeptical – couldn’t deny that this reading was impressive. Let me just start you out by saying that the only thing she knew about me was my name. The entire first half the reading was about her telling me what she was getting and hearing from her spirit guides. I asked no questions, I gave her no information WHATSOEVER. In fact, she had no idea why I was talking to her. Why was I talking to her? Well, I was curious about my upcoming biopsy. I was curious about my recently ended relationship. I was curious about where to go next. I was curious about putting music back into my life. Again – I told her none of this!

The reading began. She described my recent experiences and my current situation with astonishing accuracy. I was bought and sold and humming along with the *Monkees* by the time she finished. So, when it came to the future, I was quite happy to hear what she had to say. It’s all good! It’s all better than good – it’s about dreams coming true. I could go into details that would blow your mind, as well, but I don’t want the mess on my hands. She did have quite a lot to say about my recent relationship, however. She confirmed and validated what I had suspected was true all along. It hurt. It hurt like a mutherplucker. But it was so right on and there were things she said that she couldn’t have known about him. In fact, I never told her his name, age, or birth date, and yet….WOW! In fact, she brought it up. I never even said that I was dealing with a breakup – she did. What she told me about him helped me let go – that’s for sure. If that’s not worth $150 dollars, I don’t know what is!

Oh, I know. Some of you are saying, “One hundred fifty dollars? Are you crazy? Do you know what you could do with $150.00?” No, I don’t know. Why don’t you tell me? What could I do with $150.00 that would help heal my broken heart once and for all? Go ahead – tell me! Mind you – I can’t drink alcohol or do illegal drugs for the next couple of months – I don’t own a monster truck or a dirt bike – my diet currently consists mainly of broccoli and goat cheese – and there really aren’t that many funny movies out there. So, what other bright ideas do you have? Come on, let’s face it – all the good ones cost a lot more than $150.00. Yeah, I know, I could come over to your house for free. It’s just that, well, it’s not that you aren’t entertaining and interesting, it’s just that, well, sometimes you aren’t really that interesting or entertaining. Hey, look, it’s a big job. It’s not for everyone. Don’t take it personally. Okay, hey, look, I’ll come over. No really. I’ll come over now, okay? I’m coming!!!! Just leave the door open.

Okay, I gotta’ go! They’re waitin’!

See you all laters (and see YOU ALL in a minute).

* The 1995 release of their greatest hits including “I’m a Believer” would make a great holiday gift (for me).

p.s. I didn’t want to let the cat out of the bag too early, so let me tell you now. Tomorrow, I am heading out to spend several days with my 80+, Jewish grandmother. I sure hope you aren’t vegetarian because there will be plenty o’ blog meat to digest!!

Sincerely,

Ima U. Nick

No comments: